Tuesday 31 March 2009


About Mertle's MESS
The Mobile Eating Secret Station and Mertle are currently touring.
Next venue: Depot Untapped for Art Depot, London, MAY 2 & 3.
Details: 2-4pm, May 2 & 1-3pm, May 3.
Performance lecture: 7pm, May 3.
(http://www.artsdepot.co.uk/event_details.php?sectionid=theatre&eventid=337)

Eating Secret launched last year at Whitstable Biennale Satellite. I waited for secrets on eating at Starvation Point, a memorial where poverty-stricken sailors would wait for work. I collected over 100 from the public. The collection is growing.
If you would like to get involved, you can
1. Email me a secret on eating to: carolinesmith123@yahoo.co.uk
2. Deposit one here in the comment box
3. Have a tête à tête with me about your secret on eating at a variety of places around London this spring/summer. The first is Art Depot for Depot Untapped on May 2 and May 3. On the evening of May 3rd at 7pm I give a performance lecture on the secrets. Cupcakes galore! Free!

You confess your secret on eating. I offer you a cake. We both ingest.

Your secret will be added to the archive, but you, my interviewee, remain anonymous: our exchange fleeting, remembered in the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment